Everyone thinks they can paint. Grab a brush or roller and a couple of gallons of latex and you’re all set, right? Not quite. There’s no substitute for letting the proper steps, taking time to do the right job, and improve your technique as you go.
There are a few tricks of the trade that homeowners can learn to ease the way. Here are a couple of tips to help you paint your walls and trim successfully.
- Prepare for your paint job. Get a paint sample and I bought the color of various times of the day and moved around in the room to see how it looks in different light conditions
- Invest in premium paint. Because cheap paint covers very well when it’s wet but not so well when it’s dry.
- A clean wall is important. Many of us are anxious to get to the paint that we don’t take the crucial first step of cleaning the walls thoroughly.
- Assemble your tools. You want to make sure that you have a good brush. And the roller size matters. Make sure you get good black sandpaper.
- Make sure to have painter’s tape and let it be your guide.
Just a few tips to think about before you get to painting a wall so that the result comes out well.